South Africa Employees Relief – COVID-19 TERS Benefit
- Employers and employees must have contributed to the UIF.
- An employer must have closed its operations, or part of its activities, as a direct result of the COVID-19 pandemic, for three months or less.
- All registered businesses are qualified. There is a provision of the Memorandum of Agreement apply to employers with 0 to 10 employees.
- The employee must be in employment from 27 March 2020, and must have suffered, or will suffer, a loss of income as a result of the closure.
- The benefit may only cover the cost of salaries during the closure – it may not be used for other purposes.
- Employees may get a percentage of their salary ranging from 38% and 60% gross.
Want to know more about:
- the employer who can claim this benefit?
- who should pay this benefit?
- how employers can make their claims?
- or if you employ fewer than 10 employees?
- what will happens if there is a dispute between you and your employees?
Please follow and like us: